D2 at Dietrick Hall
* Prices effective August 14, 2020.
** Plus applicable sales tax.
Prefer to take your food to-go?
Ask for a compostable box at the register and fill it with your choice of our daily offerings. You must be able to close the lid of the box when exiting. One piece of whole fresh fruit also allowed. Pricing is the same as dine in, above.
Taking traditional dining to the next level, D2 is a state-of-the-art facility that combines all-you-care-to-eat dining with the variety of an international marketplace. This award-winning dining center, renovated in 2004, is the largest on campus and can accommodate 1,100 people at one time. D2 is located in Dietrick Dining Center, which is named for former dean of the College of Agriculture, L.B. "Deet" Dietrick. The building opened in 1970 and ranks as one of the largest non-military dining halls in the United States.
D2 features eight shops including:
- Mangia!: Here you will find hand-tossed Neapolitan pizzas cooked in our brick oven served alongside white and whole wheat pasta noodles with choice of sauces.
- Olives: Student favorites veggie nuggets and sweet potato fries, plus a build your own wrap bar and vegan dessert offerings.
- Eden's: Fresh tossed, chef inspired salad and soup, feautring soup du jour and chili, plus the best kept secret on campus - a yogurt and fruit parfait station.
- Gauchos: Featuring made to order shawarmas, daily chef's plate offerings, slider burgers with fries and an omelet station.
- La Patisserie: Make your own VT-embossed Belgian waffle here! Cakes, pies, fruit cobbler, pastries and cookies also available from our pastry chef's oven.
- Pan Asia: Featuring a rotating menu visiting four different regions along the way. Korean bowl with banchan condiments, chicken tikka masala, spicy pepper beef with zucchini to name a few.
- Salsas: Chef inspired street tacos served in a basket of corn tortilla chips.
- East Side Deli: Grilled cheese! Weekly rotation of grilled cheese sandwiches with housemade slaw and salad options.
Forms of Payment
- Flex Plan
- Dining Dollars
- Hokie Passport Account
- Credit/Debit Card