Frequently Asked Questions
Have questions about our Reusable To-Go (R2G) program? Check below for answers!
Reusable To-Go Container Checkouts:
- Where can I use the containers?
You can use our R2G program at most locations in West End Market, Owens Food Court, and Turner Place.
- I don’t have a dishwasher. Can I still take part in this program?
Yes! Once they are returned all R2G containers are washed in commercial dishwashers. Please just empty your R2G container of food before returning it.
- Who can take part in the Reusable To-Go program?
All faculty, staff and students are eligible, regardless of meal plan status.
- When are Reusable To-go Containers available to be used?
R2G containers are available until Reading Day of each semester, and all containers have to be returned before the dining centers close for summer.
Reusable To-Go Container Returns:
- Once I’ve finished using my Reusable To-Go container, what do I do with it?
Bring your empty R2G container to our return stations in Owens Food Court, Hokie Grill, or Turner Place. Returns can also be made to dish return stations in Owens Food Court and West End Market.
- What if I lose my Reusable To-Go container?
It’s essential that we get containers back so that future Hokies can use this program, too! Please try to keep track of them so that we can keep this program free for all students.
- Can I return or check out container for a friend?
Yes, you can!
- The return station is full. What do I do?
Please let a Dining Services staff member know.
- Why do I still have to return my container?
Like library books, the containers are yours to borrow but not to keep. The majority of our Reusable To-Go funding comes from the Office of Sustainability's Green RFP program, Student Government Association, and Housing. Please make sure to return your containers so that future Hokies can use the program, too!
Still have questions? Feel free to email the Dining Services Sustainability Manager at email@example.com.